Coronavirus may have prevented us from gathering in our buildings,
but we are still praying, sharing fellowship and supporting each other - catch up on the weekly news and podcasts here ....
A warm welcome awaits everyone
HELP US TO SPREAD OUR
LOVE AND FAITH
As we renew our mission as a diocese and parish to transform lives and communities in the name of Jesus Christ, this necessarily entails that significant move from simply maintaining things that are familiar (to some at least) to reaching out with the good news of the gospel in ways that are creative and relevant, - and not just in words, but through lives in which God is making a difference!
May we be encouraged that God, by his grace, continuously works amongst and through his people here, as we seek to deepen our relationship with him we renew our mission as a diocese and parish to transform lives and communities in the name of Jesus Christ, this necessarily entails that significant move from simply maintaining things that are familiar (to some at least) to reaching out with the good news of the gospel in ways that are creative and relevant, - and not just in words, but through lives in which God is making a difference!
May we be encouraged that God, by his grace, continuously works amongst and through his people here, as we seek to deepen our relationship with him
Diocesan Prayer for Mission
Diocesan Prayer for Mission
Father, we hold before you our family in the
Diocese of Swansea and Brecon
and we open our hearts and minds to your Spirit:
Bless us as we gather in your name;
guide us as we grow into the likeness of your Son;
lead us by your Spirit to go out and make disciples of others.
Todays Bible Verse
Provision of Private Prayer:
At the end of July, the First Minister, Mark Drakeford MS gave churches permission to open for Private Prayer. I know that over the past weeks, a number of people have used this facility. We simply couldn’t just open the doors, planning needed to be done, in order to make the space safe, the introduction of a one-way system, and the provision of hygiene supplies and PPE. There also needed to be supervisors, to welcome people and to enable the smooth running of an alien system. Can I thank Simon for assisting in the provision of hygiene products, to Sian for putting together a rota of supervisors, to each and everyone who offered their time in supervising this exercise, and to all who cleaned the building.
Worship provision across the Ministry Area:
The Holy Eucharist will be celebrated as follows..
Sundays: 10am St.Paul’s, Sketty and 11am St.Hilary’s, Killay.
Wednesdays: 10.30am All Souls, Tycoch and 11am St.Paul’s, Sketty.
Unfortunately, under current government and Church-in-Wales Guidelines, it will not be possible to have a Sunday service in Tycoch, nor a Thursday morning service in Killay. Please be aware that Covid Guidelines change from time to time, please make yourself aware of these changes, via news broadcasts.
Llansamlet Household Waste Recycling Centre
Ferryboat Close, Swansea Enterprise Park, Llansamlet, Swansea, SA6 8QN.
All recycling centres are open but please note there are still restrictions in place to safeguard residents and staff from the coronavirus outbreak.
Opening times for Llansamlet Recycling Centre: 7 days a week, 7.30am - 5.00pm.
Tip Treasures remains closed.
Booking required for visits to Llansamlet
From 26 October residents wishing to take their waste to Llansamlet Recycling Centre will need to book an allocated date and time slot in advance Opens new window. This is to ensure we can safely manage traffic levels at our main recycling centre.
· Before booking or visiting any of our sites please ensure you read the full site rules regarding
· Please note that black bags and non-recyclable waste are not accepted at Llansamlet or any of our other centres at this time.
· Slots will be available to book up to two weeks in advance between 8.30am and 5.00pm each day.
· In order to make a booking you will need to set up an account and provide your home address and vehicle registration details.
· You must not use your vehicle registration number to book visits against different addresses. This will be identified, and you may be refused entry or have your booking cancelled.
· Do not arrive on site until 5 minutes before your time slot.
· Bring your booking confirmation email and proof of Swansea residency to show to site staff on arrival. Vehicles requiring permits will also be asked for the yellow vehicle permit.
· You will be allocated a parking bay when you arrive. If a member of staff isn't available, please follow the traffic management signs to park your vehicle.
· Each vehicle will be given a maximum of 10 minutes to offload on site during each visit.