The community of Tycoch is centred on the busy Tycoch Square, with it’s myriad of shops, coffee shops and Bistro. It is the beating heart of the communits sy, just yards from the centre you will find All Souls Church.
Hidden behind the houses on Harlech Crescent the Church of All Souls was often ‘missed’ by passers-by. However, there has been a dramatic change in the approach from the Harlech Crescent roundabout. The gates had been hidden by a row of trees along the boundary of the corner house and the removal of these has opened up the view of our entrance and new sign board to people approaching from Glan-yr-afon Road.
The Church of All Souls is a modern building. It embodies, to use the words of the late Professor Roy Knight, the church’s historian, ‘the qualities the architect sought to achieve - dignity, proportion, simplicity.’
The building was dedicated by Bishop Glyn Simon on 12th September 1957. In 2007, 50th Anniversary celebrations included the production of a booklet; All Souls Church - An Open Door: Snapshots and Impressions 1982 – 2007. The modern interior is light and airy with long windows that let the sun stream in.
The church has a modern Church Hall, which is very heavily used by various groups from within and around the community. The Church has excellent links with Sketty Primary School, with the Vicar being a long-standing member of it’s Governing Body.
This is a Ministry Area joint venture.
A family, rooted in Christ, committed to transforming lives by:
Gathering as God's people - Growing more like Jesus - Going out in the power of the Spirit.